Monday, June 26, 2006

Aaron Spelling passes away at 83


Tori Spelling is grateful she was able to make peace with her estranged father, TV legend Aaron Spelling, a week before his death (23JUN06).

Tori's split with first husband CHARLIE SHANIAN after 15 months of marriage and her subsequent whirlwind wedding to DEAN McDERMOTT in May (06), had caused her relationship with her family to become strained.

Tori visited her ailing father at his Beverly Hills, California mansion on 11 June (06), where she was able to introduce him to McDermott.

She explains, "I'm grateful I recently had the opportunity to reconcile with my father and most grateful we had the chance to tell each other we loved one another before he passed away.

"It's a true blessing to have had a parent that loved me unconditionally. He had a heart as big as his talent and today, along with many others, I mourn his loss. He was a great man and an even better father." The 83-year-old producer died on Friday (23JUN06) from complications from a stroke.

I'm sad about this. Aaron brought us so many great shows. I grew up on Beverly Hills 90210. I'm glad he lived a long, full and success life. May he forever rest in peace. Amen.-JAM

No comments: